Stepney Gas Works
From London's Ghost Acres
Revision as of 13:15, 30 November 2015 by EliseLehmann
1844 to 1945
Used Raw Materials
|1839 |1945 |Commercial Gas Company |-
|1839 |1945 |Coal Gas Industry |-
Construction began at the Stepney Works in 1839 and the works were fully operational by 1844. In 1846 the works were expanded. In 1912 an internal railway was built to more easily transfer coal around the large site. Gas production stopped in 1945 and the works were demolished in 1952.