From London's Ghost Acres
Revision as of 14:54, 10 July 2015 by Srl997
1815 to The date "Currently Operating" was not understood.The date "Currently Operating" was not understood.
The Royal Doulton company began as a partnership between John Doulton, a talented young potter's apprentice from Fulham Pottery, Martha Jones, and John Watts, with a factory at Vauxhall Walk, Lambeth in 1815. Originally traded as Jones, Watts & Doulton, Jones left the partnership in 1820, and the trade name reverted to Doulton & Watts. With the retirement of John Watts in 1853, the company took the name Doulton & Co. In 1901 King Edward VII awarded the company a royal warrant, and the company once more changed names, acquiring the name Royal Doulton. This is name under which the company currently operates.