Difference between revisions of "Royal Doulton"
From London's Ghost Acres
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
Latest revision as of 13:54, 12 May 2016
The Royal Doulton company began as a partnership between John Doulton, a talented young potter's apprentice from Fulham Pottery, Martha Jones, and John Watts, with a factory at Vauxhall Walk, Lambeth in 1815. Originally traded as Jones, Watts & Doulton, Jones left the partnership in 1820, and the trade name reverted to Doulton & Watts. With the retirement of John Watts in 1853, the company took the name Doulton & Co. In 1901 King Edward VII awarded the company a royal warrant, and the company once more changed names, acquiring the name Royal Doulton. This is name under which the company currently operates.