Equitable Gas Company
From London's Ghost Acres
Revision as of 17:51, 19 October 2015 by EliseLehmann
1830 to 1871
“The Equitable Gas Light Company was formed in 1830 and incorporated in 1842. The works were built at Pimlico, on the Chelsea embankment of the Thames. They produced and distributed both coal and cannel gas. The company supplied Belgravia and areas of the Strand, Fleet Street and Blackfriars. Amalgamation with the GLCC finally came in 1871” (The National Archives).